Pages

Monday 2 January 2017

Beauty Review: Himalaya Herbals


Here's the lowdown: 6 months ago I decided to throw out all my skin care products and start fresh. My skin looked tired and I experienced break outs fairly often. I decided I needed to go back to basics and try a natural, herbal solution to my skin issues. I was recommended to try out the Himalaya Herbals range and I haven't looked back since.


The brand suits my Indian skin type, and I have combination skin. Himalaya covers everything from skin care, hair care and even baby care with a gentle baby skin care range (cool, right?). So far, I've dipped into the following:

  • Gentle exfoliating Apricot scrub (R70.00): I use this twice a week to exfoliate my skin. I wear make up on most days and although I keep it light, having a scrub twice a week keeps my pores clear, eliminating break outs. The scrub is lightly scented and non abrasive - no redness after use which is a huge bonus. 
  • Almond and cucumber peel off mask (R70.00): I usually treat myself to a peel off mask once a week on a Sunday evening. Start the week off with revived skin by slathering my face with this deliciously thick and creamy mask. I suggest using a brush to apply the product evenly on your skin and letting it dry for approximately 15 minutes. Once dry, peel off gently and rinse with warm water. You instantly see the difference with a brighter skin tone and a noticeable glow. 
  • Himalaya Protein Hair Cream (R46.00): I was a little sceptical to try this, believing it would leave my hair greasy and heavy. The product has a thick, whipped texture and contains key ingredients like amla, liquorice and lotus. Application is simple - wash and condition as normal and towel dry your hair. Once done, apply a little of the product to you hair and blowdry. I found my hair to be softer after use with lots of shine - the hair cream packs a punch in my weekly beauty routine.
Thoroughly impressed with the current holistic range, the products are reasonably (if not under) priced and can be found in major retailers like Clicks and Dischem. I've uncovered two standalone stores in Durban, one in Pick n Pay Hyper by the Sea and the other in Phoenix Plaza, Phoenix.You can also purchase online via the Himalaya Herbals website: www.himalayaherbals.co.za

Pick a product and give it a go, you won't be disappointed. 

Love, 
Yo Homi.


1 comment:

  1. I recently switched from Dischem heel balm to Himalaya foot care cream, and it's fantastic. Definitely not going back!

    ReplyDelete